Yes, it looks like a mess. Let’s see how your housekeeping survives your back injury. Yes those are wall studs. I was in the middle of redoing the basement when this happened.
So this is where I’ve been for 23-1/2 hours a day for the last couple of months. Note the following:
- It;s on the ground floor, and I can exit the house via the garage. No stairs involved. Stairs are not your friends.
- Trash can next to bed.
- Media computer at head of bed. I do have a TV. It’s buried in the garage. See the bit above about redoing the basement. This is for watching movies with my kids. It’s also got USB ports for charging my phone, etc.
- Just above the pillows is a recycling bag. It’s hanging from a nail on one of the wall studs.
- There’s a 12 pack of seltzer water next to the bed. My preference is to make my own with my SodaStream, but there are times when that process – getting out of bed, filling the bottle, with water, carbonating the water, and then going back to bed – is more than I can take.
- Power strip on the floor next to the bed. Powers computers, heating pad, etc.
- Bag-o-meds resides on the floor at the head of my bed.
In short, I’ve rearranged things so that what I need on a regular basis is within arm’s reach It provides a measure of independence, in that I don’t need anyone to get these things for me. It’s usually not tidy, but it helps me get through the day. And night. On the days when I can barely make it to the bathroom, it really makes a difference.